Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
The answer is NO that total of 8 pygo...is to much for 125g..what you have is good already 4 in 125g..you maybe can push to eigther one or 2 more max....it may look enough but is not..but is your money and fish so you have to see what is good for your piranha.

Although you can add it, but the over crowed and no space to swim...exspecially the caribe is the most territorial out of all pygo it will end up fighting or get kill.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know that but you have the same amount of fish as me in a 80 gallon so six in a 125 gallon still abides by the 20 gallon per fish rule right?

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
i know that but you have the same amount of fish as me in a 80 gallon so six in a 125 gallon still abides by the 20 gallon per fish rule right?
That 20 gallon rule isn't set in stone and that's mostly for red bellies. Caribes, terns. and pirayas all need more room.

Maybe sell of two reds and then add a caribe and piraya. Then you'd still have 4 fish in a 125.

·
My Rhom could kick your Rhom's ass!
4,697 Posts
cmon guys... he can have more than 4 pygos in a friggen 125g.... i would say 6 or 7 is a good number to have--- id add a couple caribe and a tern--- thatd look pretty baddass!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they do look like they have plenty of room also they are 5 inch so when they grow more i could sell 1 or 2 on if really needed i hope not tho

·
My Rhom could kick your Rhom's ass!
4,697 Posts
id get a few more dude--- just be prepared for double the food and double the tank matinence--- i had 10 reds in my 125 before i sold them all and DAAAAAAAAMN were they messy!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
id get a few more dude--- just be prepared for double the food and double the tank matinence--- i had 10 reds in my 125 before i sold them all and DAAAAAAAAMN were they messy!
Agree with king add a few more man theres abit of room i waz thinking the same thing 6 or so and what your layout on the tank is it 2x2x4 ?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
give it a shot if in the future you need to sell one cause of aggression or just want to give your fish so more room to swim you can there is always someone looking for a larger fish to add to there shoal

·
Registered
20 Posts
When using the 20 gal. per pygo rule, just don't forget to factor in the tank's footprint. For example 1 rbp per 20 gal. of water does not really apply when you are using a tall tank as opposed to a long tank, due to the horizontal movement of these fish.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
or maybe sell 2, pick up 2 caribe, a tern and a super....so you'd have 2 redbelly's, 2 caribe, a tern and a super red, for 6 fish in your tank.....that would be quite fine

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
that is a great idea iceman damn thats a good idea im on to that what a great shoal that would be. anyone want 2 reds cheap 5 inch?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts