Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
LionHart
13,099 Posts
I'm thinking about retiring in Costa Rica in several years...
Been looking at homes there.

Is anybody familiar with the country?
I've never been there, would love to hear from people familiar with the place.

Attachments

·
LionHart
13,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I hear that!

It's amazing how inexpensive realestate is down there compared to up here...
That house pictured is for sale for about $500,000!

I'm lovin' the infinity pool.

·
Breaki'n all day...
4,410 Posts
That pool is how they say.."Sick wit it"

Good luck with your future real estate purchase

·
LionHart
13,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, that house pictured is just one of many that are in that price range.
Hell, you can barely get a 3 bed 2 bath home on a postage stamp here in Central Oregon for that much!

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
it must be hot there when you have outdoor vans on your balcony

so where did you find this house for sale? can you link the site where you found it?

i will take that house if you arent.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
A friend of mine moved down there for 2 years. It was a 2 bedroom house on the cliffside facing the ocean and there was a guard and a cook. $1200 a month.

The only thing about it is that like most places-you'd want to visit, but not move there. You're going to be out of touch with EVERYBODY in your life if you move there. I know you'll make new friends-people there are nicer than here-but nobody can just come visit you.

·
LionHart
13,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A friend of mine moved down there for 2 years. It was a 2 bedroom house on the cliffside facing the ocean and there was a guard and a cook. $1200 a month.

The only thing about it is that like most places-you'd want to visit, but not move there. You're going to be out of touch with EVERYBODY in your life if you move there. I know you'll make new friends-people there are nicer than here-but nobody can just come visit you.
That's good information, and a good point.

It would be a huge change in life.
Almost like starting over.

Not something to take lightly.

·
LionHart
13,099 Posts
Some of those houses arent any cheaper than really nice ones here :nod:
Yeah, depending on where you live, you will experience extreme fluctuation in the realestate market. Here in Central Oregon, a 2500 sqft single level home on a 10th acre with no mountain or river views in a medium income part of town will sell for $350,000 - $400,000.

I'm not considering retiring there solely for the reason of "Good deal housing,"
But mainly because I love the tropics and latin style of the area.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.