Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Offical P-Fury Ex-communicant
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I went digital in all of my tanks. I picked up 7 of these coralife digital thermometers from petsmart. I get em home and I test them against the other one I had already running. Old one said my geryi tank was 79.3 (which is around where i was wanting) new coralife reads geryi tank at 81.5 . Not horrible but these all claim to have a tolerance withing .1 degree. Anyways, old one reads one of my irrtans tank @ 81, new coralife reads it at 84.2 . Way way to f*cking hot imo. So whats the deal here. How the hell do I tell which one is correct??? My old one usually read out the temp that i set the heaters to. I had the heaters set to @ 81 in my irritans tank and it read 81.

·
06 C6 LS2
7,996 Posts
I have 2 coralife thermometers one on a 55g another on a 75g for the last year or so. I have had no problems if I swap them between tanks I get the same temp 81.5 and 83.

I hope you paid less than I did ($12 each).

·
Offical P-Fury Ex-communicant
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yeah.... petsmart pricematch 4.99

This other one I had is then apparently way off from that the coralife ones. I put 4 in the one irritans tank and they all read the same (within +/- .2degrees)

·
06 C6 LS2
7,996 Posts
So either there all way off or your old ones are.

Who do you trust?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts