Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

i just found this on a navy site, never knew we had one of these pretty cool

this thing is cool too but has been on some discovery channel shows and i think it was in a james bond movie

10,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Registered
2,647 Posts
thats a slick looking navy ship!!!

· DOC#003162
13,889 Posts
elTwitcho said:
It's designed that way for stability, they actual ride above the waves on pontoons submerged beneath the surface. That way even in extremely choppy water the ship does not get tossed around at all.
[snapback]838648[/snapback]​
werent they made that way to look like nothing but a wave on radar too

the second one i mean

· Registered
10,778 Posts
nismo driver said:
ask and yee shall recieve, actually i just forgot to add this to the post

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/factfi...s/ship-hsv.html
[snapback]838635[/snapback]​
Propulsion: Caterpillar 3618 marine Diesel engines<--those ROCK, I wonder how many it has though.

Maximum Speed: 53+ miles per hour (85+ kilometers per hour/45+ knots)<-WOW anyone who has ever been in a boat going 20mph, can say that 53 feels like you are going 100mph!

10,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

10,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

10,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mr.freez said:
werent they made that way to look like nothing but a wave on radar too

the second one i mean
[snapback]838692[/snapback]​
"Of course, stealth at sea requires much more than just reducing a ship's radar cross section. Sonar and infrared sensors can be equally threatening, so the approach to designing a stealthy ship demands that all signatures be reduced and managed in a balanced way.

One of the ways that Sea Shadow addresses signature control is with a unique hull design. The two thin struts that support its main deck structure stand on a pair of submerged, submarine-like pontoons in what is known as a Small Water plane Area Twin Hull (SWATH) configuration.

SWATH designs have long been known for exceptional stability in heavy seas, and in the case of Sea Shadow, they allowed the designers to slope the vessel's sides inward at an extreme angle, aiding the stealth characteristics.

Normally, a ship's sides are nearly vertical and meet the water at close to a 90 degree angle. This produces a bright radar echo called a broadside flash, which is easy to home in on. Newer ship designs, starting with the Arleigh Burke-class destroyers, feature sloped hulls, although the slope is less extreme than in Sea Shadow."

10,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

· Registered
4,967 Posts
nismo driver said:
i belive this is what your asking about, 155mm gun though

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/sys...systems/ags.htm
[snapback]838754[/snapback]​
that be the one, that boat is supposed to be 100% undetectable,carries four 155 mm canons also will be able to house and launch multiple nuclear warheads and will probibly house those new mini nukes they have on the table, able to detonate over a specific area and limit exposure to with in the targets borders, history channel had a show on it, think theyve got plans for a carrier version of it also, good stuff.. i cant even imagine the rpice tag

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.