Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
HENRY
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my convict has laid her eggs and they are all pink and some of them have like tails on them, the problem is that im getting my rhom tomorow and i need to place them in my ten gallon tank, how should i take out the eggs out of the tank into the other tank? what should i feed them? one more thing theirs only like ten eggs and 3 eggs with tails, is this a normal count or should they more eggs?

·
HENRY
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lemmywinks said:
first off, are the eggs fertilized? are they white, or are they a clearish color?
[snapback]959920[/snapback]​
i guess they are, the tails they have are moving but their color is like a grayish color

·
tap or snap
11,911 Posts
10 eggs? i think they normall lay around 100-200

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
10 eggs is deffinately a very small batch, even if its a first time spawn. Some could have got fungus and therefore the parents would have removed them. The eggs should hatch after a couple of days, and the fry will still be attached to the egg sack and will not be able to swim. When they have eaten the egg sack they will start to swim. This is when you should feed them. either use baby brine shrimp or a commercialy made food for baby egg laying fish like liquafry.

As for transferring the eggs, just fill the other tank with water from the current tank and then move the rock or whatever the eggs are layed on into the other tabk along with the cons

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
feed them to the rhom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts