3,694 Posts
keep me posted on how fast they grow.

how big are you convicts?

how many fry did your convicts have?

what size tank do you have them in?

·
Registered
213 Posts
well i only have 2 convicts left.. p's ate the other 3 i had..
the female is about 2.5 inches maybe 3 inches long.. the male is 2 inches max
i'd say there are about 30 or 40 fry in my 125 gallon tank.. i may put them in my feeder tank once they get a little bigger
they are huddled up by the filter right now.. hopefully they don't get sucked into it

the female convict is REALLY protective over them... if one of my rb's even looks at her from across the tank she goes ape sh*t
i only bought the convicts as a source of entertainment.. and a well spent 5 bucks it was

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
cool man.

i have 6 convicts in with my red bellies right now and im just waiting for them to get a lil bigger.

my reds have not killed any since i have put them in there (month or so), but some are missing some of their tail.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, mine bit the tails off a couple at first too... but they healed up a little bit and a week or so later they were in my p's bellies

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh well.. i guess i'll just keep on ordering 3 inch goldfish from my lfs for 25 cents a piece.. can hardly feed these little bastards for 2 - 3 months for 25 cents alone... oh well

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Aristarchus said:
hopefully they don't get sucked into it
for raising fry I reccomend you use a filter that is powers from an air pump

·
Registered
674 Posts
piranha45 said:
con fry take like 2-3 months to hit 1 inch from what I hear... quite a long wait if i do say so myself
Yep p45 is right on with this.Convict fry seem hella slow growers to me.It took like 4 months for my cons first spawn to get big enough to interest my P's
Later
Eric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts