Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Covicts laid eggs 4 days ago. They have not hatched. Just realized my heater is broken so the water is at 76 degrees. I bought a new heater today to try and bring the water up tp 80-81 degrees. Will the eggs still hatch after this long? or should I vac out the eggs and wait for another batch?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
eggs hatched fry doing fine.I have to remove the mom and dad they are beating up my reds. But that will only last so long until the reds make a meal out of them.

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
right on congrats. they bred in your P tank? you're not looking to keep any of them are ya? if so you'd better move um out. at anyrate without the parents in there they will most likley die anyhow being so young and no parents.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya they bred in the reds tank. No hiding spots or anything just tall plants. They laid the eggs right in the right hand corner of the tank in the gravel.I introduced them all in the tank at the same time. So thats probly why they are not dead. The male con rams the reds but the reds dont even move most of the time. He cant hurt the p's I dont think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts