Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have some convict babies with their parents and about 10 other convicts and tetras in a 100 gallong long tank. I was just using them to cycle my tank. If i leave the babies in there with their parents, will they B ok? I wouldnt mind using them to feed too my new babiy piranhas when i get them soon.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
Yeah, the little cons will be fine. The parents will do a good job of raising them and even protecting them from the other fish in the tank. I'd say the other fish have a chance of eating them but like Trigga said in a week the cons will be up to it again. I'd say they are the rabbits of the fish world.

·
Banned
14,902 Posts
hey i have some convict babies with their parents and about 10 other convicts and tetras in a 100 gallong long tank. I was just using them to cycle my tank. If i leave the babies in there with their parents, will they B ok? I wouldnt mind using them to feed too my new babiy piranhas when i get them soon.
yes! convicts make excellent parents, con babies will often disappear due to other fish eating them but rarely will a parent convicts ever consume its own fry. they will amaze you how well they parent. and the baby convicts will grow quite fast in a suitable tank with a good diet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts