Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
hey i have some convict babies with their parents and about 10 other convicts and tetras in a 100 gallong long tank. I was just using them to cycle my tank. If i leave the babies in there with their parents, will they B ok? I wouldnt mind using them to feed too my new babie p's when i get them soon.

oops wrong forum.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
hey i have some convict babies with their parents and about 10 other convicts and tetras in a 100 gallong long tank. I was just using them to cycle my tank. If i leave the babies in there with their parents, will they B ok? I wouldnt mind using them to feed too my new babie p's when i get them soon.

oops wrong forum.
no they wouldnt be ok, unless they found big time hiding spots...most likely the parents would eat them, and why let them get aten from the other p's...grow em' out and sell em'

·
Registered
545 Posts
the parents wont eat their babies, but if the cons are bigger then your piranha babies. the cons will kick piranha ass.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
i just got 2 to breed and i would love to see the babie pics

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I would really like to see some pics :nod:

·
Banned
14,902 Posts
Breeding cons will attach pretty much anything including you hand so your P will get attacked even if they are fairly big. Not going to really cause damage to them but they will be stressed.
well said

convict parents are fantastic parents, but mixing a breeding pair in with another agressive species can cause some stress. best bet is to make sure con parents have a home all their own

im moving my convict breeding pair to their own 30 tonight infact.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts