Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Death is fair to everyone.
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a topic on this in his site? Or that we can goto see?
Thanks. Not that i will try this. I'm just curious on when they knew they could try this? At what stages in their life that they could tell? If any.

·
Texas Justice
2,016 Posts
to clarify you are stripping fish not gutting them.on many fish farms fish are stripped and the eggs are artificially inseminated. it seems that it could be done with p's also. that would make breeding particularly aggressive p's far easier.

·
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree i just was thinking. Why isn't more people doing it.
Because of The rareity of certain p's

·
Texas Justice
2,016 Posts
a part of the answer to that question is that the demand for p's is not that high. i know everybody here likes them but in the general population the demand is not that great. on a small scale basis someone could probaly do well with artificial breeding. something to think about.

·
Registered
598 Posts
P's aren't rare like was just said. Just a handful of them are being experimented on that are found in rare in nature. Like P. piraya and the one Frank determined sex on the wimple piranha which is very rare. Aquaculture people in S.A. are trying to save some of them. But don't think you will see to much done on common red bellies or rhombeus.

·
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The pic in the website cannot be poven either way. And they haven't replied to my questions yet.

·
Texas Justice
2,016 Posts
raptor, thanks for your time, without people like you out there looking there are mamy things the rest of us would miss.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.