Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
emmm get rid of you UGF cos they are a bad idea for piranhas........

causes food to get trapped and then causes problems

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, first I didn't ask if UGF were a good idea. Second their not even for piranhas, it's for a store.

This is excatly why i've been coming to P-Fury less and less. It's because of people like this. Out of the last 3 questions i've posted i've recieved like 20 answers and only 3 were even remotly related to the question. Thanks alot Dezboy.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
ok, first I didn't ask if UGF were a good idea. Second their not even for piranhas, it's for a store.

This is excatly why i've been coming to P-Fury less and less. It's because of people like this. Out of the last 3 questions i've posted i've recieved like 20 answers and only 3 were even remotly related to the question. Thanks alot Dezboy.
dont get so pissed off, hes just saying that for a just incaser so chill man....cut a tight hole in the pvc, make the hose super snug in there and add some silicone around it

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Dear members, calm down a bit. Both of you are right.

It is a generally accepted opinion and based on experience of many hobbyists that undergravel filtration system is problematic. It is based on unnatural suction of water and its particles into the substrate. It is an erroneous belief that nitrification bacteria could live and grow well inside tight gravel without maintenance. The gravel working as a filtration media will get clogged one day. Even bio media in powerful canisters will get clogged no matter how strong the current is, and you have to rinse it. The fact is that you cannot rinse or clean a clogged substrate in an aquarium.

So I would not be so surprised to see members tell this to you, fishdummy. You did not specify where you are going to use this UG system. So dezboy told you this incase you did not know.
But, then again, it is true that members answers are not always exactly what you have been waiting for.

I can only tell you that this is discussion forum, where opinions are free, if other members are not bashed or attacked. So bear with this.
Still, a simple truth is that any hobbyist will profit from the info that can be gained from P-Fury.

Harry

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
Get a pipe fitting/adaptor/coupler =Hardware store. and an attitude adjustment = kick in the ass.

You might also toss out a little more detail as to what it is you are trying to acceive. UGFs are crap for filtration for any kind of fish.

So Dez was actually right in line. Basically he was trying to do you a favor and help you not waste your time messing with a worthless UGF.
But if you know better why then are you even asking such simple questions? "how do I hook one pipe to another?"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts