Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
Joker said:
This may sound dumb but .... what is Smelt ?
smelt is a fish and imo a varied diet is the ebst way to get great colors and what not beefheart,shrimp and pellets

·
Registered
242 Posts
My fish freak out on the pellets. when there is no feeders, and I'm out of beefheart, etc. they freak out literally on those damn pellets. last night I did my usual run the finger along the side of the tank and watch them chase it, they got all sorts of territorial that my finger was too close to their pellets. and they even started splashing water out the right side of my tank onto my stereo until I moved back.

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
squid or shrimp I dunno about the seaweed thing, try it and tell us how it works

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
wow, way to bring up an OLD ASS THREAD filo.. almost a year and a half old.. haha

anyway, plankton isn't krill. krill are little tiny shrimp, plankton is something totally different. if you want some color enhancers, find anything that has "carotene" in it. carrots, unpeeled shrimp, most hikari predatory/color enhancing pellets/sticks will have it. i don't know if smelt has it, but my rhom's coloration is just fine, he's been eating smelt. not long enough for me to tell though. shrimp definilty does, my previous rbp had awesome coloring.

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
creotein can be found in the shells of shrimp so if you can, try to get them to eat some of that. Another medthod if not mentioned is to stuff soem pellets into your food. Your piranhas will eat it without even knowing!

G

·
o snap its eric said:
creotein can be found in the shells of shrimp so if you can, try to get them to eat some of that. Another medthod if not mentioned is to stuff soem pellets into your food. Your piranhas will eat it without even knowing!
[snapback]792726[/snapback]​
Yeah I use that method. I stuff pellets and food sticks into king prawns. A small ish cunk of King Prawn anyway, down in one doesn't touch the sides. These prepared LFS foods are designed to bring out colours.

Special Malaysian fish steroids?? That sounds really funny, maybe your fish can bench more after these. Enter Worlds Strongest Fish contests :laugh:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Jonas said:
My fish freak out on the pellets. when there is no feeders, and I'm out of beefheart, etc. they freak out literally on those damn pellets. last night I did my usual run the finger along the side of the tank and watch them chase it, they got all sorts of territorial that my finger was too close to their pellets. and they even started splashing water out the right side of my tank onto my stereo until I moved back.
[snapback]80772[/snapback]​
mine freak for stupid pellets to, when i'm about to drop them in all my p's come to the top of the tank and watch my hand

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
o snap its eric said:
[snapback]792726[/snapback]​
Ghost shrimp? I fed them some the other day.

·
Oh, SNAP!
3,806 Posts
Are the shrimps you feed your Ps saltwater shrimp? cuz that's what I've been feeding mine for months and the color difference is barely noticeable.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.