Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the rhom ate about a pound of cod last night. took it down with no problem. I've seen him eat way more. this morning he puked all of it out. I'm glad I have the filtration to handle it with ease, but it still pissed me off. I just changed 60 gallons of water the other day and now the water looks like sh*t. Suprisingly the water is still crystal clear, but there is tons of cod flying every which way. It's clearing up nicely, but I have to rinse the prefilters out thoroughly.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I wonder the same thing too, tried cod with red-bellies a long time ago and they tossed it. I think that certain saltwater fish they just don't digest it well. Wonder if anyone has had similar problems and what foods the P's didn't touch? Maybe your Rhomb over ate?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually my pygos and tsn did not throw up from the cod. salmon can be messy, but I've never experience any problems with it. my fish love salmon, catfish, shrimp, and africans. Speaking of africans, it's about that time :D

·
Registered
698 Posts
I use salmon, but lately the P's have refused to eat it. Maybe cause its frozen and not fresh. Safeway sells pieces of salmon pretty cheap (fins, body portions) and that is what I use occasionally to feed my p's. The fish they really enjoy is bluegill!

·
8,405 Posts
I had a bag experience with giant Scallops...

It really muddied up my water, and the P's didn't really eat it, they just ripped it up, and scattered it across the tank

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.