Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I Love Me Some Me
5,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is in the wrong forum, but everybody seems to view and not help in Disease, Parasite, and Injury

Anywho....

I just noticed an eye injury on the alpha of my new baby RBs. I've had them a few weeks now and today noticed either a cloudy cover or scab over it's right eye. Send any opinions my way, thanks.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
kind of looks like he got bit on the eye dude....toss him in a hosp. tank, raise temp, and toss some salt in...see if anything happens withitn the next few days

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
Melafix all the way, with a normal salt mix as well. I had one do the same thing a feww weeks ago, and it healed back in 2 days.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had something similar on one of my RBPs once. I think it was because of a scratch he got in a fight. The eye is good now, fixed itself within few days.

·
I Love Me Some Me
5,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you guys are right that it might be a bite, I noticed the second largest P has a nip on his lower lip. But I'm not 100% that it's a bite cause when I got a close up of him it doesnt look like there is any damage directly to the eye, just some sort of cover around it.

·
I Love Me Some Me
5,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took all advice. The obvious, I quarantined him in a hosp and I went out and got some melafix. Hopefully it clears in a couple days. thanks everybody.

BTW, possible fungus or no?

·
Kyle's Mom Is A Big Fat Bxtch! IMO
2,094 Posts
COULD be cloudy eye, but most likely just a battle wound.

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
If you can rule out acid and/or ammonia burn than most definately injury. Doesn't look bacterial but not the best of pic either. Hospital tank, salt healthy diet should do the trick. Pimafix/Melafix won't hurt. Topic moved.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts