Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe my p has gotten a case of cloud eye. I began treating it w/ melafix yesterday. This morning it looks like he has water floating in his eye, and most of the cloudyness has cleared. I'm going to add another treatment of melafix tonight. should I quarantine him, is this possible to pass onto my other 2 ps?

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
It is not contagious. Cloud eye usually comes from stress of being picked on or bad water conditions. So if lots of your ps start to get it, it is because your water conditions are bad or you have on nasty piranha picking on everyone. Water changes and antibiotics will help solve the problem.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks big chuck. My water conditions are great. I did a water change sunday, treated w/ melafix sunday and again monday night. This morning his eye looks so much better, no cloud anymore, just looks like a little water in his eye.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
piranhaqueen said:
Thanks big chuck. My water conditions are great. I did a water change sunday, treated w/ melafix sunday and again monday night. This morning his eye looks so much better, no cloud anymore, just looks like a little water in his eye.
[snapback]965107[/snapback]​
Good
Always like to hear stories of success.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i have three reds in my 75g and one of them has a droop eye, like it is sticking out farther than the other and the fish kinda swims at a angle and when he is not swimming it is even worse. like at a 40 to a 45degree angle. what can i do to help this little guy? i've had him for about 7months now. the two other reds are acting fine. one of them stays at one end of the tank and the bigger one stays at the opposite side. while the one with the eye problem is right in the middle. i can send a pic:

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
i cant really see it in your pictures, heres a picture of 1 of my piranha's that has cloud eye, see if it looks like yours.

that was 6 months ago

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I cant really see anything from the pics, it looks like the camera focused on the plants in the background and not the piranha. Also you should start a new thread...you'll get more help

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,001 Posts
DonH said:
elTwitcho said:
Big Als until I can find a conditioner that doesn't countain aloe vera or anything other than dechlorinator
[snapback]976492[/snapback]​
Buy a bag of sodium thiosulfate from aquaticeco.com and dissolve the right amount into a gallon of distilled water and you're set for a VERY long time. I purchase a bag of it from a local koi store for under $5 and it's good enough to make 2 gallons worth.
[snapback]977708[/snapback]​
To be safe i would quarantine him in case its due to bacterial infection. It may or may not be too late. Hopefully in your case it was caused by running into an object or maybe during a feeding frenzy. Continue with the melafix for 7 days as instructed and make sure you shake the bottle real well...Good luck Ms.Queen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts