Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it sounds strange!!!!!

But i bought a product called "Clearseal"- its like a overgrown teabag that contains bacteria that will reduce nitrite/nitrates/phosphates and make the water crystal clear.
You should put it somewhere in your filter or leave it in the tank, i chose the latter option and although it takes longer (about 3 weeks) for the results to show, it does work brilliantly!!!!

Im well impressed at the clearness of my water in my nursery tank and im also noticing all the above levels drop significantly!!!!

I got a new bag and placed inside my cannister filter for the new tank, hopefully that will work quicker due to the water flowing thru the bag and reacting with the nice bacteria!!!!!!

Soz about the long post, but its worth getting one and they need to be changed every 3 months - nice!!!!

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
I would be very skeptical about any product claiming to have "live bacteria".

~Dj

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got it from my LFS cost about £5, and it does contain bacteria which gradually grow and release over time, the bag kind of collects all the nasties in the water and WILL NOT release it back into water.

I tell you, the results speak for themselves, my water is as clear as gin now, and nitrites/nitrates are dropping off nicely.
My tap water contains high amounts of nitrates, so a product like this eliminates nitrites that are going into your tank at water chnage time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts