Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
The bio media that is holding your bacteria, you want, is to be treated carefully. A gentle swish about in TANK water is enough. Scrubbing etc.. will remove some and dipping it in water from the tap can also kill it. The bio media shouldn't get as dirty as the mechanical and should only be rinsed if needed, not often.

· The ASSMAN
13,346 Posts
Im actually not that careful with my bio media. I do rinse it in tank water but with canisters, I dump all the bio media in a bucket with tank water and roll it around with my hands. BUT, I have more than one filter on every tank, and I never clean both filters at the same time. I will loose some bacteria doing this but have never had any type of mini cycle or anything like that.

· Go Bucks!
3,074 Posts
On one of my tanks I have two AC300's. I just take the sponges out and squeeze them in bucket of tank water.

For my wet/dry I just dump the bioballs in a bucket if tank water and clean them with my hands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.