Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· ~ATLANTA BRAVES~
15,116 Posts
Python Gravel cleaners are the way to go. They make life SO much easier.

For those having trouble with picking up large debri with 50' hoses. Do you really need all 50' of the hose? If not I would suggest cutting it shorter and re-attaching the fittings. This might help with the poor suction you are experienceing.

*Moved to Equipment forum*

· Registered
3,149 Posts
I too suggest a python or a lee's ultimate vacumn cleaner (same bs)...i got the 50 ft too. I didn't mind paying a little extra for the 50ft instead of the 25ft. Besides i live in an apartment, and this is not my permanent place, so i wanted to buy something that would last for the future.

Anyways, i cut mine and it picks up everthing even my sand sometimes

· Registered
146 Posts
i bought two of them and used the existing connectors and made one hell of a long hose! i connect the python outside in place of my garden hose where the water pressure is higher than at your normal sink fosset. it seems to work well for me even though it's about fifty feet long. i have my aquariums all over the house and i have no problem reaching them. the only thing is when your filling the tank, you have to kink the hose to prevent spilling water on the floor because the shut off valve is kinda away from your reach.

· Registered
53 Posts
piranhatom said:
i have a 50 foot one and it doesnt seem to have the power to pick up the realy big turds even with the water presure on full, it might just be because the hose is to long.
[snapback]863355[/snapback]​
I put a pond pump on my siphon then put it in the bucket when doing a water change. Could get one of those sump pumps from menards as well, they have garden hose style ins and outs so would be easy to rig up and really suck water and debris.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.