Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is for my friend well i guess for me to. he has just a regular 12 in i think tube but the problem is the tank is about 18 i think so hes hand is in there with the fish. he was wondering if you could just tape or glue something on their so hes hand isnt in the water he was also wanting to get the phyton no spill thing but he doesnt know how long the tube is.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill look into that. but i think hes looking for something that can go clean the rocks at the bottom.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Chances of being bitten are slim as a rule.Most P's will simply go to the other end of the tank and avoid you while you vac..If you corner them or make them feel trapped then yeah you may get bit..

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
P's are vey shy fish i stick my hand and do what ever i need to do in the tank with no problems. so i think its safe to say he can stick his hand in the tank without being bitten.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
As stated, Ps are generally shy and skittish. But this is no reason not to be careful when working inside the tank. I also stick my hand and part of my arm in the tank when I have to, but sometimes, I will use a wide net to go between my arm and the fishes. And I always am aware of where the ps are. I have 5 and while working in the tank, I keep my eye on them and if I dont see all 5 of them in one side of the tank, I do not put my hand in or immediately withdraw it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
as stated above just keep an eye on your p, usually they get stressed out and just swim to the other side. Im not going to lie, it is a bit of an adrenaline rush doing it every time, especially when you vacume right after you watch your p eat, because you just saw how much damage he can do in a bite.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i paid 18$ for a 8foot section of 2" acrylic tube. like for a bong, and cut a section(30") and removed the 12" that came on the gravel cleaner and stuck the acrylic tube on and it works perfect. maybe you can find a 20" section @ a glass shop somewhere local(thats where i bought mine)

Adam

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
just put your hand in there...piranha afraid of human (in aquarium) it will not bit unless you have a very aggressive piranha or just put your hand in the piranha mouth.

·
Registered
111 Posts
there also the factor of conditioning them to associate a hand in the tank with feeding. I put my hands in anytime EXCEPT feeding time. They dont see my hand as feeding time but they run scared because im moving sh*t around, cleaning, etc. A friend CANT put his hands im because he feeds them that way(putting his hand in)

this is for my friend well i guess for me to. he has just a regular 12 in i think tube but the problem is the tank is about 18 i think so hes hand is in there with the fish. he was wondering if you could just tape or glue something on their so hes hand isnt in the water he was also wanting to get the phyton no spill thing but he doesnt know how long the tube is.
water and tape can get messy...

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
LOL, haha. First time I have seen a post like this. Unless you have a super cool man eating fish, just suck it up and clean the dang tank. They are not going to bite you.

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
this is a link to the python site and ive given you a direct link to where they sell the tube extensions and tells you the sixes of them. this should solve any problems

http://www.pythonproducts.com/accessor.htm

but remember in most cases they are more affraid of you then you are of them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts