Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just thinking...

say you had some mean ass P's, that liked to go after your hand when you clean. i myself dont have this problem. but its an IF right now :laugh: luckily...

you know the gloves that you get for filleting fish on boats and stuff, the chain mail glove?

would that be a good thing to wear to avoid getting stitched up later thanks to your Ps?? like would it be sufficient to stop a nasty bite wound? or not worth it at all??

right now my P stays in his area when i clean. but im always watching him, because he seems to be getting more and more interested those 5 white, wormy lookin' things that are moving about his tank all the time

definitely getting his courage up from before..

·
Serras n Snakes
3,571 Posts
If you are using a python to do your water changes , you can get a longer tube (they come in different lengths) or get a piece of plexiglass cut so that you can partition off the part of the tank your working on.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
I have aggressive piranhas and have found that if you are careful and respect their space when your hand is in the tank, you will not get bit. Of couse there is no guarantee, but im not going to resort to chain mail.

·
8,410 Posts
The thought has crossed my mind as well, especially when I was first getting into them. After keeping up a 7 member tank for a while I doubt it will ever be needed. If I had a cold blooded killer that routinely dove for my hand I would likely give it a try.

Honestly I think someone should devolope and market a metal mesh/ chain mail net as I have gone through MANY regular ones

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dont worry guys, im not such a newb that im needing this glove:D

it was strictly a "what if?" thingie. i came accross the one i had in my fishing box for some reason, still in the package.

my little guy knows to fear the hand. he's starting to realize that im the one that drops his food in. and comes to greet me when i get up in the morning...its wierd. every morning...i get up, walk to the tank. and there he is. at the very top lookin at. which is even wierder because he spends the rest of the day behind his big java fern.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts