Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would be the best way to go about cleaning the rocks that i took from the lake near my house? i know not to use any "harsh" chemicals but i dont think only a hot water rinse will do, cuz god knows whats on these rocks. u'de probly think im cheap but if u seen these rocks u'de understand why i didn't just buy some from the lfs
thanks

· Registered
28 Posts
kyle_5rb said:
what would be the best way to go about cleaning the rocks that i took from the lake near my house? i know not to use any "harsh" chemicals but i dont think only a hot water rinse will do, cuz god knows whats on these rocks. u'de probly think im cheap but if u seen these rocks u'de understand why i didn't just buy some from the lfs
thanks
[snapback]839488[/snapback]​
I found the best way to do it would be to first boil the rock. Second scrub the rock off and then put it in a bucket of water with a capful of bleach (will kill any remain bacteria that the boiling water did not). Let it sit in the bleach water for 24 hours. Then take another bucket and put water in it with some water conditioner (at least 4 capful) and put the rock in it. Let that sit for 48 hours. Rinse the rock real good and you are set

· Registered
5,349 Posts
i scrub them then i boil then i rescrub. boil again. the i let them sit in a bucket of water over night. i got all my rocks from the river by my house

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.