Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best way of cleaning the glass? I've an old tank that has been outside for a while that needs a clean before anything goes in but my problem is that the glass is very green at the bottom!!!???

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Ive heard people soak it in ammonia water for a couple days and all the sh*t just gets destroyed by the chemicals. Not sure about the exact process tho.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
you can try bakingsoda and scrumbrush.

·
Registered
718 Posts
A product here in Canada called CRL does the job great.
Anything that claims to clean up lime or rust stains should work....Just make sure you clean your tank well before filling up again for your fish

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
You gotta watch using chemicals to clean the tanks seeing as traces will probably remain behind. I'd just use some soap and water, then clean it thoroughly, and then let it soak for a bit.

Pac

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
I tried using warm water and elbow grease, but sh*t, I dont have 2 days to clean a fish tank. It was really dirty. I got some CLR, it took 5 mins, i washed it out well, and had no problems.

·
Registered
718 Posts
....I telll you, it really works great!

Just rinse well and add fish... With more time to spend doing other things.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
mori0174 said:
I tried using warm water and elbow grease, but sh*t, I dont have 2 days to clean a fish tank. It was really dirty. I got some CLR, it took 5 mins, i washed it out well, and had no problems.
[snapback]857543[/snapback]​
ya, I do not see a problem as long as you rinse out well!! If you do not want to go the chemical method.... try using boiling water!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
vinegar soaks the calcium slash scum and then get some windex/oragne cleaner and get a hose.. ur gonna scrub hard.. maybe even try a razor.. it took me two days hard work to get mine perfect... also dont forget to let it sit for a day afterwards, and do several just water washes..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts