Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 125 gal tank and i would like to stock it with some cichlids. I want to put a bunch of different fish in the tank.. varying sizes would be nice.. which cichlids would suit well for a community tank, and if you have any other fish other than cichlids that are good tankmates let me know..

are green terrors able to be kept with other fish?

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
African cichlids are about the easiest to keep together. I've a tank full of them.

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
green terrors are, by SA/CA cichlid standards, unexceptional. Their name exaggerates them, though that doesnt mean they are pansies either.

A green terror and 10-12 african mbuna would be an awesome tank to watch. Or a GT and a convict and 8-10 mbuna. A GT and the smaller Tanganyikan cichlids might even work.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what kinda other fish could put in other than cichlids?? like what about smaller fish... u guys know of keeping exodons with other fish?

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
heffer2028 said:
what kinda other fish could put in other than cichlids?? like what about smaller fish... u guys know of keeping exodons with other fish?
[snapback]825667[/snapback]​
I keep exos with my african cichlids.

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
no, exos are just another overrated fish. If they dare took scales off the africans the africans would probably beat them silly

·
4,053 Posts
Africans would be nice, or you could go with medium to large new world cichlids.

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
piranha45 said:
no, exos are just another overrated fish. If they dare took scales off the africans the africans would probably beat them silly
[snapback]825763[/snapback]​
depends on the size of the africans

·
Registered
139 Posts
yep I have exos too they just chase each other but they do chase fish that are smaller than them. I have some blue danios and the exos chases them.

btw do you guys have pics of you african cichlid tanks?

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
P-Rex said:
hey thats a great looking tank.. also your background kicks ass

btw do you have to raise your PH to a suitable level to keep africans?
[snapback]829713[/snapback]​
My PH is naturally high, 8.5.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts