1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,959 Posts
Best I can say is some sort of african

Red top tajapos?

http://cichlidae.com/article.php?id=34
Tajapos are South American.

This is definitely a Pseudotropheus type... but I'm still not sure which type. It's entirely possible they're hybrids too.

But I actually dont think they're hybrids.... maybe ... hmmm.... I'll have to get back to this.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Best I can say is some sort of african

Red top tajapos?

http://cichlidae.com/article.php?id=34
Tajapos are South American.

This is definitely a Pseudotropheus type... but I'm still not sure which type. It's entirely possible they're hybrids too.

But I actually dont think they're hybrids.... maybe ... hmmm.... I'll have to get back to this.
[/quote]
I know that, I was just posting a link to tajapos so that he could see that his fish are not them. I said they were some sort of african, it would be stupid to then call them SA.

·
Registered
14,959 Posts
Oh, I missed that, sorry maddyfish.

Well that is easy then, they are just a very subdued form of red top zebras.

I always knew them as Pseudotropheus zebra, but they're now Metriaclima zebra I think...

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I think we got the fish.

Here's an impressive male red top:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, I missed that, sorry maddyfish.

Well that is easy then, they are just a very subdued form of red top zebras.

I always knew them as Pseudotropheus zebra, but they're now Metriaclima zebra I think...

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but I think we got the fish.

Here's an impressive male red top:

do you think they might look like that when they mature?

2,170 Posts
Like ace said they are definetly pseudotropheus, you can tell from the body shape, more specifically the rounded, bullet shaped head. I would agree that these are red tops, the one in the left corner of the 3rd picture is most clearly identifiable imo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.