Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
piranhatom said:
holly sh*t it looks realy cool but 250 for a fish that only growns to 3 inches is a rip off
[snapback]841634[/snapback]​
I know the price is way out there but it's a rare species. I'll wait on it when my wife finished med school. God what a aswmoe looking fish.

· Registered
613 Posts
acestro said:
Aw snap, I paid $30 for one a few years ago..... maybe it was more than a few years ago.... either way, when did the price rocket up???
[snapback]841851[/snapback]​
I've heard they can only be collected in one river and the river is having problems with pollution and there is a civil war going on there now. Same goes for blue eyes.

· Registered
18,153 Posts
acestro said:
Aw snap, I paid $30 for one a few years ago..... maybe it was more than a few years ago.... either way, when did the price rocket up???
[snapback]841851[/snapback]​
Export ban, together with dozens of others Loricarid species

Rumors caused the prices to go through the roof, the finalisation of the ban even further.
Weird thing is that these guys are quite easy to breed, but the demand is so high that scores of people are willing to pay the outrageous present-day prices (75-100 euro's a piece on average in Europe).

I'd love to own a small breeding colony of these guys, but I don't have the money. Worse still, I've never even seen one of these beauties alive...

As far as the Blue-Eyed Pleco: habitat destruction and pollution, in combination with drug cartels and other criminal and para-military groups being active in their native range, make it virtually impossible to collect these fish.

· =CroCodiLe Dd=
272 Posts
As Judazzz said, L46 is now fordidden to fish, import/export. It just moved to Annex II of Washington Convention so its means you won't see them anymore for import for the next 2 years.

For that reason, prices increased a lot since few month. And from what I've seen, they are sold very very very fast... Why ? Cause the only way to get them now will be to buy from personal collections and those who will breed them are going to make a LOT of money...

Definitely the nicest pleco !

· Registered
421 Posts
definate rip off for that price,even river wonders is too much. I recieved 10 from Below water a few years ago fo 45- ea.I have 7 left and am hoping to get at least 1 pair out of the bunch... I dont think they sell them anymore because of the expense...I read something in TFH? about their wild populations dwindling.

· 5 TIME CHAMPS
15,414 Posts
Judazzz said:
Export ban, together with dozens of others Loricarid species

Rumors caused the prices to go through the roof, the finalisation of the ban even further.
Weird thing is that these guys are quite easy to breed, but the demand is so high that scores of people are willing to pay the outrageous present-day prices (75-100 euro's a piece on average in Europe).

I'd love to own a small breeding colony of these guys, but I don't have the money. Worse still, I've never even seen one of these beauties alive...

As far as the Blue-Eyed Pleco: habitat destruction and pollution, in combination with drug cartels and other criminal and para-military groups being active in their native range, make it virtually impossible to collect these fish.
[snapback]842287[/snapback]​
what to start a blackmarket with me..

the pleco world can be ours jonas...

"Jonas wij regels de onderwereld van vissen kunnen"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.