Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

what u guys think? i got him for 20 bucks!!! and he is about 7" he was in bad water and people harassed him u can tell because his mouth is messed up from running into the wall but not anymore he will be well taken care of =) what u guys think? was that a good deal? he has another i may go get tommorow i have 4 rbs i had in the 55 gal but i put 2 in a 10 gallon and another 2 in a 10 gallon...gonna wait til they get bigger to put in the same tank...how big u guys think i should wait before i put em in? and u guys think i should get another one for that price? i plan to get another 55 gallon so no i wont be crowding em =)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Sorry to tell u this but that's no Red it's a Pacu for sure. See how the mouth lines up w/ the eye. Also it doesn't have a bull dog face look.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what is the price diff of a pacu and a rb....and will the pacu eat my other rbs? i really like this guy he is very active...and how do i tell the difference between another rb this size?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
It won't eat ur Red's . the easiest way to tell is to look at their eyes . If the eyes line up w/ the mouth it's a PACU. If the eyes are higher than the mouth it's a red belly u have a Pacu.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
damn that sux! thanks for telling me guys! i think i may bring him back....but he sure is cool =) i feel bad for him cuz he was all fucked up when i got him

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
sorry bud..yeah thats look like a pacu...lfs i tell you......get your money back...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well they got 2 6-7" inch reds at the fish shop nearest me and they are freaking bad but the guy wants 50 bucks a pop for em..is that reasonable? they are prefect condition and very mean hehe when u walk up to the aquarium they jump at the top and hit the lids LOL and every move they make the other one does exactly what the first one does its so awesome but i hated to spend that much is it worth it?

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
50 bucks for a 6-7" red is quite a steep price, imo., but you can always compare it to what www.fishpost.com or www.sharkaquarium.com ask for a red at that size to get an indication. Maybe it's not that bad after all after comparing...
Also, wheter it's expensive or not is a matter of what you are willing to pay for a redbelly. Also, do you really want to buy big ones, or buy babies and watch them grow (they should reach 6-7" in about 12-15 months anyways) - my personal preference is raising fish from 'scratch' and watching them grow...

And I'd definitely get rid of that pacu: it's small now, but it grows fast, and won't stop growing until it reaches well over 2' in size (and needs a huge-ass tank).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts