Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hellow thar guys!!

Im new here and just wanted to tell you all alittle about my 10 gallon cichlid tank. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions!!
I would like thse fish to live a long time, as I don't have much money for replacement

Right now I have 5 dovii, 3 red devil, 2 pacu and 2 black shark in a 10 gallon tank. Do you guys think this will be ok? Ive never kept fish before and I was told they wont get any bigger than 3-4 inches. They are all healthy, happy and very peaceful at the moments, so I figure everything will be ok for life with them. I try to feed them as much as possible in hope of them getting big; but hten they just poop alot

I was thinking of adding a few more fish here in the near future (next paycheck) because these are so small right now its kind of boring to look at. Do you guys think that will be ok?

Thanks for any advice guys!!! always much appreciated

· The man
1,754 Posts
dave2134 said:
Im new here and just wanted to tell you all alittle about my 10 gallon cichlid tank. I would like thse fish to live a long time
Right now I have 5 dovii, 3 red devil, 2 pacu and 2 black shark in a 10 gallon tank. Do you guys think this will be ok?
Hi and welcome first time poster....
Your tank is much much too small. You have some fish there that will undoubtedly out grow that tank very quickly.

· Registered
414 Posts
Think that you still have enough room for 2 Clown Knifes and a couple of Arrowanas.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JD_MAN said:
Think that you still have enough room for 2 Clown Knifes and a couple of Arrowanas.
[snapback]847644[/snapback]​
Really? I was thinking about adding a few more in there! They could have big parties and have a good old time; they would grow together and have a happy life! I want to add some neon lights in there and make it look flashy, that way they will feel like they are in a bar and stuff!

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mdmedicine said:
Hi and welcome first time poster....
Your tank is much much too small. You have some fish there that will undoubtedly out grow that tank very quickly.
[snapback]847642[/snapback]​
You think? The guy at the pet store said it would be fine, he tells me to come back and buy more all the time.

· Registered
949 Posts
dave2134 said:
Hellow thar guys!!

Im new here and just wanted to tell you all alittle about my 10 gallon cichlid tank. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions!!
I would like thse fish to live a long time, as I don't have much money for replacement

Right now I have 5 dovii, 3 red devil, 2 pacu and 2 black shark in a 10 gallon tank. Do you guys think this will be ok? Ive never kept fish before and I was told they wont get any bigger than 3-4 inches. They are all healthy, happy and very peaceful at the moments, so I figure everything will be ok for life with them. I try to feed them as much as possible in hope of them getting big; but hten they just poop alot

I was thinking of adding a few more fish here in the near future (next paycheck) because these are so small right now its kind of boring to look at. Do you guys think that will be ok?

Thanks for any advice guys!!! always much appreciated

[snapback]847638[/snapback]​
LOL I can smell the sarchasm from here. hehe

· Registered
486 Posts
waddup man... im no pro on cichlids but i think your tank sounds full as it is. i would say keep it the way you have it for now and wait a few weeks to see how things pan out. the fish you have will grow, as already stated, too large for that tank most likely. hang in there and focus on what you got (which by the way sounds pretty good!). lata

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So should I wait and buy a bigger tank? but then I want MORE fish!!!!111, I want them to celebrate together, and be happy with one another. It's ok if they are close together, no?

3,843 Posts
dave2134 said:
I like your AV.

[snapback]847722[/snapback]​
Dont see much of that in "Algeria" do you?

Real funny topic, and pure waste of server bandwidth.

· Registered
1,869 Posts
Dovii and red devil are one of the most aggressive cichlids you can buy.Devils usually grow about 12'' while dovii much larger i would buy much bigger tank as soon as possible.

· Registered
4,146 Posts
jonscilz said:
waddup man... im no pro on cichlids but i think your tank sounds full as it is. i would say keep it the way you have it for now and wait a few weeks to see how things pan out. the fish you have will grow, as already stated, too large for that tank most likely. hang in there and focus on what you got (which by the way sounds pretty good!). lata

[snapback]847688[/snapback]​
what the f*ck?

**cant believe the "Fishkeepers" who try and call them selves Hobbyest these days**

· Registered
1,869 Posts
[quote name='Peacock' date='Jan 16 2005, 10:22 AM']

**cant believe the "Fishkeepers" who try and call them selves Hobbyest these days**

I agree and dave even for 1 red devil you would need a 75g alone if you want it for life.I suggest you decide which cichlid you want to keep and sell the rest unless you are prepared to buy a very Largeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee tank.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.