Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These pics are of my new 55 gallon set-up. I have one S. Spilopleura CF/Medinai/?? and 2 red bellies. The red bellies are hiding in the first two pics but i managed to finally get a pic of one of those bastards. Enjoy.

Joe

·
Sex Kitten Lover
358 Posts
Very nice, I like your setup, love how clear your water is 2

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Thanks guys. So far so good Nate, there has been only one nip on one of the red belly's tails and that was when they were all setting up their territories and none since so I think it will be all good. I have two live plants, 3 fake plants, a big piece of drift wood, and 2 big river rocks for them to chill behind and stuff. Munen seems to love it. He is finally really acclimating and swims around the tank like a feind, the pics show what I mean.

Joe

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Yeah... I got a little update from my brother at home, he has now had a RBP that we were unable to get rid of living with my gold who had previous ripped him up when they were both smaller. The two of them now hang out side by side... no bite marks or anything. They swim together side by side in the powerhead, and hunt together to some extent.
I hope everyone goes as well for you... You are probably going to need more cover though, maybe a nice big drift wood center piece with some java moss... or water sprite which would really give you some cover.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no they haven't at all. right now munen is the alpha p and the other two sometimes bicker amongst themselves but Munen has the edge with the aggression and they respect that. I am not too concerned do to the fact that they all don't really chase or pick at one another, it's actually very peacful right now. I hope it continues.

Joe

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey grosse gurke,
The reason I got the red bellies at a smaller size was because i have noticed that Munen tends to be very overaggressive to fish that are his size or larger. I was hoping that he would let them shoal with him when they are little and by the time they are his size or larger he will be used to them and chilled out. Also the red bellies should be like 6-7" when Munen gets to 6-7" and their growth rates should synchronize by then. These are all things I am hoping help Munen and my redbellies get along for a long long time. So far so good.

Joe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts