Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanna know if it would be hard to have Piranha's Certified with (Collection Point,Species) and so on cause now or days I have been reading and seeing LPS not know what they have for sale such as cause it has teeth its a piranha or some just wanna make money and say its something rare or hard to get when it's not. What do you Piranha owners think?

·
Registered
415 Posts
most lps or lfs for that matter just label sh*t and hope to make money...its either they get something that looks like what they ordered and try to sell it off for what its not or they just totally want to sucker people out of their money for shits and giggles IMO! but unlike our WONDERFUL sponsers they know what they are doing

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
That is a great idea, but who is going to verify these labels? LFS simply label the fish whatever is on the invoice, because more than likely they don't know any better.

The best way to deal with that is to order from our sponsors. They do a great job making sure the right fish goes with the right order.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
That is a great idea, but who is going to verify these labels? LFS simply label the fish whatever is on the invoice, because more than likely they don't know any better.

The best way to deal with that is to order from our sponsors. They do a great job making sure the right fish goes with the right order.
i hear from some people tho that a certain sponsor doesnt know how to label....or maybe i red wrong

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Well this is what I'm thinking maybe we can have Hastus to help us out cause I'm tired of people getting ripped off. Or someone with his Experience. We should have a poll on this just remember it was my Idea. And our Sponsers can Verify being that there in the Buisness of selling and buying.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
this is a good point how many people have we seen sold a pacu as a red bellied piranha. I think there should be some sort of certificate. Or mabe people should be doing more research on a fish before they buy it. Have certificates would cause the price of these fish to increase quite a bit because someone would have to monitor it. Therefore I guess mabe research before you buy or take the chance of being sold somthing yuou don't want. Sorry for my rambling

Rick James

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
I agree ^^

Self education (e.g. research) on piranha is the best way to verify between the species. However, it is very difficult to distinguish between several of the Serra species.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts