Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 33 (it's a grow out) that my clown knife,bichir and pike characins live in sprung a leak about a day ago. Big disaster,the leak was right at the bottom corner of the tank so more than half of it had already drained by the time i got home. It was a huge mess to clean up but thankfully i was able to grab my stock and put it in my girlfriend's tank where it can live for a couple of weeks. Im just pissed off at Hagen. That tank was under a year old and never had any problems with it. It just randomly sprung a leak and fucked up my life. Anyways no one's died yet the only thing is i had to put my freshwater 'cuda in with my gf's shovelnose cat. He's survived an attack from the pike characins,hasn't been eaten by the clown knife so i hope he can cut it. Im goin to buy about 100 feeder platies to help ease the tension in her now overstocked tank. At least i was able to add my filtration on to her tank so the water turns over 35 times an hour. So yeah...big catastrophe narrowly averted. No thanks to hagen.

·
Registered
487 Posts
That really sucks man, how big is her tank??

2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was on a sturdy wooden bench and had perfect support. Her's is a 30g and it's cozy in there now...

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
freakgasolinefightaccident said:
It was on a sturdy wooden bench and had perfect support. Her's is a 30g and it's cozy in there now...
[snapback]948352[/snapback]​
Was it on carpet??
that is a small tank, but I have seen them stress from not being level, being on carpet, and not having styrofoam.

2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it wasn't on a carpet but the floor may have been on a bit of a slant. This has left me a little worried though

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
so you want to have your tanks level? and what is this talk about styrafoam i am gettin a 55 gallon so i should know these things

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
freakgasolinefightaccident said:
it wasn't on a carpet but the floor may have been on a bit of a slant. This has left me a little worried though
[snapback]949038[/snapback]​
Dont be worried, that may not be why it leaked.

I had a tank where you would fill the water up and one side was higher then the other because the floor was slanted, it stressed the seams of the tank and got a slight crack in the silicone.
At the least you can level the stand or bench with shims, and use a level to make sure it is level.
You can use sheets of styrofoam between your tank and stand to help also.

That may not even be why yours leaked I was just throwing that out there as something to consider in the future.

2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and the casualties are as follows : my 'cuda got turned in to a meal and im now watching my ornate bichir take his dying breaths in my girlfriend's tank. I have no idea what happened to him but we just got home from a party and he's belly up and the bottom bearly breathing. Im so sad.

2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah im really pissed. My floor is fucked up now from the leak and i've lost 3 fish. What a CATASTROPHE!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts