Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,237 Posts
actually it was the Huygens space craft that landed the Cassini is the satalite that has been orbiting saturn since april taking photos and other research info and is now transmitting the data from teh Huygens probe..

still cool, not sure if its wrth the multi billion price tag for some grainy pictures of rocks but quite an achivement

http://ciclops.lpl.arizona.edu/index.php

the Cassini/Huygens home page

· Registered
18,153 Posts
nismo driver said:
actually it was the Huygens space craft that landed the Cassini is the satalite that has been orbiting saturn since april taking photos and other research info and is now transmitting the data from teh Huygens probe..

still cool, not sure if its wrth the multi billion price tag for some grainy pictures of rocks but quite an achivement

http://ciclops.lpl.arizona.edu/index.php

the Cassini/Huygens home page
[snapback]845954[/snapback]​
It's not Saturn itself it landed on, but its moon Titan.
The reason why they picked Titan, of all places, is because it has a dense atmosphere - scientists think/hope they could learn a lot about how planet Earth, it's atmosphere and chemical composition was like before life appeared.
It appearantly resembles Earth in the early days, but where developed into what it is now, Titan became frozen, because of its huge distance to the sun...

· my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,237 Posts
Judazzz said:
It's not Saturn itself it landed on, but its moon Titan.
The reason why they picked Titan, of all places, is because it has a dense atmosphere - scientists think/hope they could learn a lot about how planet Earth, it's atmosphere and chemical composition was like before life appeared.
It appearantly resembles Earth in the early days, but where developed into what it is now, Titan became frozen, because of its huge distance to the sun...
[snapback]846000[/snapback]​
so when the sun starts to expand and super heat the earth all of the rich people can take space ships to titan when the sun heats the atmosphere on titan and it becomes like earth

· Registered
2,081 Posts
Since i am almost graduated with an engineering degree, i have seen a lot of math most people wouldnt dread learning. Nonetheless, i still can't grasp the concept how they can make something travel that far and land WHERE THEY WANT IT TO! Hell, i get lost when i drive into a city i have never been to.

· Registered
1,066 Posts
Xenon said:
I for one am absolutely amazed by this feat. In a time when it seems like 50% of all space missions end up as junk, this is absolutely amazing. We are seeing pictures, for the first time of the surface of a moon it took 7 years to get to.

wow.

[
I think you've been punked Xenon! Nasa has never been in space. The moon landing was shot at a hollywood studio and the above pic is simply a black and white photo of a Lake Michigan shoreline!

· Registered
1,169 Posts
Judazzz said:
If they are rich enough to survive under 200 degrees below zero circumstances, yes

[snapback]846024[/snapback]​
In something like a billion years the Sun is supposed to run out of hydrogen to fuse and start using its helium instead. Once this starts it will swell to enormous proportions, engulfing all the planets up to Earth, Mars will become a tropical paradise (for a little while, anyway). Titan should warm up quite nicely then.

-PK

· Registered
19,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is a world that has seas of liquid methane. It is one of the only moons that actually has an atmosphere and we have never seen a picture of its surface. We sent a probe farther than ever to catch a glimpse of its surface.... amazing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.