Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
14,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What an utterly foolish thing he did...wtf was he thinking?
Considering he was having his best year yet and was outscoring Wade and Lebron (who were previously eclipsing him).... I just dont know. Really, really bad timing (not that there's ever a time for this). For one thing, the fight was essentially cooling off at that point too!

·
My Rhom could kick your Rhom's ass!
4,697 Posts
i think the suspension was right--- 15 game minimum, 20 would have been better... i think--- just reminds everyone that even the colorful stars in all of the commercials are nothing but thugs --- it was a really weak punch but what was up with collins after he connected? he like fell to the ground as if it were a solid hit????--- all in all a pretty big embarressment to everyone involved- thats why i like my spurs--- we dont sign "those" players

·
Registered
14,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He didn't fall from the hit. Watch closely, his teammate pulled on him, trying to get past him to Anthony. That tug is what pulled him down.

No soccer-style fall downs in the NBA :laugh: But, yeah, the thug image HAS to go.

gotta give the Spurs props, you're right about that. I think almost all of them would walk away from this nonsense.

·
4,697 Posts
"the thug image has to go"? those players are born with the thug in them--- it aint goin nowhere--- all the nba can do is inact a dress code/ strciter rules to try to control it.... maybe those rules everyone whines about make a little more sense now?

·
Registered
14,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont think Wade was born a thug. I dont think Parker or Duncan were born thugs.

Seen Spreewell playing anywhere recently?

I think the thug image has got to go. I teach underpriveleged kids and they really really do idolize these characters.

·
Indianapolis Football
12,194 Posts
Thug image ? When hockey players fight every game, do we call them thugs ? Gotta be a double-standard

·
4,697 Posts
Thug image ? When hockey players fight every game, do we call them thugs ? Gotta be a double-standard
terrible comparison dude--- your talking about two different breeds of human being here--- and sh*t fighting is part of hockey i believe--- terrible..... terrible comparison!

ace i didnt mean all players are born with the thug in them, but if you watch enough nba as i think you do you should have a pretty good idea of who is and who isnt--- dont be fooled tho(see kobe bryant)

·
Indianapolis Football
12,194 Posts
terrible comparison dude--- your talking about two different breeds of human being here--- and sh*t fighting is part of hockey i believe--- terrible..... terrible comparison!
[/quote]

What's that ? caucasians and africans ?

Trust me, I am the last person in the world to EVER play the race card in any situation as I believe minorities get enough preferential treatment in today's society but you can't tell me race doesn't play a part here. You see two young white hockey players going at it - "Ahh it's just a part of the game, let em be", you see two young black basketball players fighting - "THUGS !!! THUGS !!! THEY'RE ALL A BUNCH OF THUGS!!"

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.