Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my caribes about 2 Days now. I had 5 4" reds and they fed 10 minutes after being put in the tank. I wanted more agressive piranhas so I went for the caribes after reading how agressive they were. Two days later the caribes have not fed yet. I have 3 2" feeders in the tank and are still alive. Is this normal and how long can they be before they eat?
THANK YOU

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
How big is your tank and how many piranha you have in there?

You just got it couple of day, not biggy...It is normal for not to eat right a way. It can take days, weeks, months, etc...depending on the new envoriment for them.

Stay away from feeder, it not good for your piranha..feed your piranha variety different food every week. Shrimp, prawn, silver sid, smelt, pellets, talapia, fish meat, etc....

Do 25-50% once a week, must do some gravel vacuum, your temp should be around 78-82f.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How big is your tank and how many piranha you have in there?

You just got it couple of day, not biggy...It is normal for not to eat right a way. It can take days, weeks, months, etc...depending on the new envoriment for them.

Stay away from feeder, it not good for your piranha..feed your piranha variety different food every week. Shrimp, prawn, silver sid, smelt, pellets, talapia, fish meat, etc....

Do 25-50% once a week, must do some gravel vacuum, your temp should be around 78-82f.
55 gallon 6 5" caribes

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
That is the problem...you got 6 5" in 55g....you will come accross with fin nip, fight and killing over tank space and territorial...

That is one of the reason you piranha dont keep becasue the tank is over crowed and stress.

I suggest you get atleast 125g...or bigger with are that piranha. It doesnt matter what size are their. piranha are unpredictable you will lose some if you dont move to bigger tank or sell some.

55g....to 75g.. you can go with 3 full grown

it more then 3 suggest bigger tank.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is the problem...you got 6 5" in 55g....you will come accross with fin nip, fight and killing over tank space and territorial...

That is one of the reason you piranha dont keep becasue the tank is over crowed and stress.

I suggest you get atleast 125g...or bigger with are that piranha. It doesnt matter what size are their. piranha are unpredictable you will lose some if you dont move to bigger tank or sell some.

55g....to 75g.. you can go with 3 full grown

it more then 3 suggest bigger tank.
thanks for the info... I will look into a 125 next week at the latest...thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts