Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to pirahnas- and these are my first two- they have been puttin on some serious size lately- and their colors have totally changed-

UI know its not usual to be able to keep two caribe alone- but they have their dithers: a big pacu and some black skirt and buenos aires tetras- and their seems to be little to no aggresion between them- any thing else i put in there dies
these are Narc from P-fish's old fish- and they do seem to be quite a pair- the larger one being in charge- heres the link

http://www.arofanatics.com/members/pikefish/caribe/

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I think one reason you can keep them is the added dithers and the pacu is a great aggression atracter, but it is not unheard of keeping 2 pygos together. Great fish! How big..i was trying to guess and am thinking around 7-8"?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure how long Narc had them- but I'm pretty sure it was a while - they were in a much bigger tank with tons of ps- now they are in a smaller tank by themselves- well with the pacu eating machine- they get steak or salmon every night with an occasional feeder- but the pacu eats most of the feeders- they have totally changed since i got them- check out these pics- like 2 months old

http://www.arofanatics.com/members/pikefish/yeah/

you can see they both had much darker spots- and their heads hadn't turned yellow yet- they have put on alot of bulk- but not too much length- probably about 7" now- but they are really thick for their size

·
Registered
539 Posts
those are some healthy lookin pygos

do those other fish chill in the tank with the caribe or are they food?

Oburi

·
Registered
360 Posts
Those are really nice fish .... what size tank do you have them in?

I am amzed that they don't bother the other fish ... I suppose that if you are feeding them plenty then it may well prevent them from 'snacking' on tank mates

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again everybody

They are in a 55 gallon- they don't seem to notice the tetras at all- but take a bite out of the pacu every now and then- they do get fed very well- they are spoiled rotten- eat like pigs- they get chopped steak and salmon at least once a day- except when i get them feeders- probably once a week- they aren't that big on feeders- but the pacu is- and they don't usually get any unless i get really big feeders. I am still waiting to see them eat something alive- they hit the steak and salmon immediately now- just a matter of time before they start slammin big feeders in front of me

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Yeah i picked up Narc's 6Reds. He wanted me to take them all for a very good price cause he couldnt hold them anymore cause his tank had a crack. I got 6 of them in a 55gallon and have been trying to get rid of 2. I think they will be gone soon since my friends are intrested and are setting up there tanks.

·
Peace....Through Superior Firepower
13,643 Posts
very nice caribe great color

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Nice.. on the 3rd pic, what kinda P is that?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts