Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Most off my Reds are 4.5-5 inches and the caribe I want to get is 5-7 inches not sure. Someone on here said it was 4-5 inches but i doubt it since iv seen it myself at the store. Would it be fine with my reds or should i let my reds get bigger? this is the only local caribe in my area.

Im thinning my pack out in coming days

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,881 Posts
I would give it a try as long as they will all have a lot of room in their tank, and see what happens. If you notice a lot of problems that don't seem to cease, have a back-up plan so you can get him out of the tank ASAP.

Good luck!

~Taylor~

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
You could expect the caribe to stake out a spot as it's territory, having said that though, the reds are also capable of holding their own and should be fine if your tank has adequate space (which seems the case, 120g right?) IMO.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
It should work. If you are already going to thin down your tank, is should be fine. Both fish are of comparable size to hold their own. You might want to lower the timp slowly before placing the Cariba in to help with aggression. Other than that, keep everyone well feed and keep an eye on them. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.