Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
They can be the same size or smaller. All of mine in the past and now, tend to be pretty mean.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Ahh depends on how each would shoal would be towards each other. Caribas are known territorial and greedy mofos. They will punk your reds somewhere down the line, plus you will notice that they will grow rather faster and bigger then your reds.. But I wouldnt trip much, your only putting in 2 Caribas.. so go for it.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
>spilopleura< said:
what if i were to add one caribe to my three reds that range from 3-5inches (the caribe will probably be pretty small if i can get one, I'm hoping!)
He will shoal with your RBs!!! 1 Cariba wouldn't really change the attitudes of other Ps in a tank.. Will fight for dominance later on..

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i would go for it and add some cariba with your reds same size or a little smaller.
i am only adding 1 cariba with my reds as my piraya has not changed the structure of my p tank and hoping it still stays the same but with a little less aggression from one of my reds.
dixon

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Shouldn´t be any problem...but i warn you it´s not recommended to overstock tank with Caribas due to their very aggressive territorial behavior...hope you have enough room for them...
!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Add them they will get along fine, aggression mainly depends on the fish's attitude. Sure make sure you have enough room but its not that big of a deal. A caribe is not gonna be like "omg wtf this asshole put me in a 55 gallon with 3 other fish im gonna have to kill them off to give myself more room" You will be able to tell when your fish don't have enough room. Good luck hope you enjoy the new fish!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.