Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
Yes there is many people have feed their caribe or other pygo pellets...but let not just feed them pellet for mainly daily diet..

feed them variety different food every week..

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
I have tried it with my solitary cariba, but he has never thought very much of them.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is really interesting... My 2 reds used to eat pellets like crazy but now that they are with caribe they are scared to go for them.

The only time the reds go for the pellets is right when the caribe are going or a second after.... The first time when the reds went for the pellets the caribe were always trying to steal it out of their mouths.

Hopefully soon they will all eat pellets together without all of the agression that is going on currently when I feed

·
Registered
56 Posts
This is really interesting... My 2 reds used to eat pellets like crazy but now that they are with caribe they are scared to go for them.

The only time the reds go for the pellets is right when the caribe are going or a second after.... The first time when the reds went for the pellets the caribe were always trying to steal it out of their mouths.

Hopefully soon they will all eat pellets together without all of the agression that is going on currently when I feed
My caribes took about a week to eat pellets

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
When I had my mixed pygo tank (Reds, cariba and piraya) I would feed pellets every feeding.
I didn't vary their diet daily or weekly... I varied it within each feeding.

I would usually feed tilapia, catfish, shrimp, krill and pellets... tossing in bits of each during each feeding.
I'd usually start with some catfish to get 'em warmed up, then toss in pellets while they were the most hungry (It was their least favorite, so to get them to eat them I would do it when they were hungriest) then when they started losing interest in them, I'd toss in the other stuff, finishing up with krill, which was their favorite.

This way, I was able to maximize the variety of their diet and get maximum food in them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts