Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Cariba is breathing kind of hard compared to the other Pygos in my other tank, he is opening his mouth and shutting it constantly and flapping his gills in and out, it is just different from the other P's....breathing the same way, just kind of harder. He is also eating fine and swimming around, this only happens when he is sitting still or hiding.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took my water into work the other day and tested it and the nitrite and ammonia were up a little, so when i came home i did a 20-30% water change and it really wasn't that dirty.....it was already cycled too, but he isnt pale either, he is looking great, fins are almost perfect, i'm probly freaking out over nothing, but i don't want anything to go wrong!!

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
give me a guess on ammonia and nitrite levels

keep in mind that fish has been through a ton of stress over the past 6 weeks or so

it was caught out of a river, help in a tank for several weeks in Venezuela, then shipped on airplane for around 12 hours maybe more, then held in storage tanks at a fish importer, then another airplane ride to my house, then taken out of that tank a couple days later and put in yet another tank, thats alot of molestation, give it time to mellow out

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm pretty sure it was like a 4.0 but i think it was lower, and i freaked out and went home and did the water change. the nitrite, it was pretty high too, im not sure exactly tho. I think before i put him in, i did a water change and i think i took too much out and threw it into another cycle, i hope not

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
any of the fish chasing him around?my fish do the same from time to time heavy breathing...unless there lying on there side and pale i wouldn't trip...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.