Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
I have never personally heard the infinity subs, but infinity always makes a solid speaker so I am sure that are good. Just make sure that you put them in a sealed box so that you get a nice tight bass.

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
Solid speakers. at a fair price. I don't think you will be dissapointed so long as you hook um up right and give um the right amount of juice.

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Yeah they make some decent equipment-I use to run two 10 inch awhile back- Hard to beat them for the money!!!Since then I moved on to bigger and better!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
just bought 2 infinity perfect 10.1 subs from future shop for $99.00 a piece, really good price. my question is anyone know if they pound good.
not the best but decent had some they sound good.

·
Banned
9,412 Posts
DVQ's? kappa perfect are kinda like W6's only not quite as sharp. but the DVQ is a nice feature where it has interchangeable discs so it can fit in any enclosure. they're very good consumer subs, not quite competition grade, but top notch none-the-less. and 2 should pound fine, as well as sound phenominal.

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
I dunno If I'd go with fosgate. their quality a few years ago kinda went in the crapper.
Maybe a JL or a Kicker Amp would be a better choice.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I dunno If I'd go with fosgate. their quality a few years ago kinda went in the crapper.
Maybe a JL or a Kicker Amp would be a better choice.
Agreed or if you can get your hands on an older alpine like a mrd-500 or mrd1000 look around man thoes are also solid amps

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
I have 2 12" infinity referance series subs that are 1250 watts each.. I am only pushing them with a 800 watt MTX class D mono block amp, and they sound better than anything I've heard, except the solobaric L7 square subs from kicker.

And make sure you put them in a sealed box to spec, or they will sound like sh*t.
I know for my 2 subs require a 3 cu/ft box sealed, so look up what the specs for that speaker would be.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have 2 12" infinity referance series subs that are 1250 watts each.. I am only pushing them with a 800 watt MTX class D mono block amp, and they sound better than anything I've heard, except the solobaric L7 square subs from kicker.

And make sure you put them in a sealed box to spec, or they will sound like sh*t.
I know for my 2 subs require a 3 cu/ft box sealed, so look up what the specs for that speaker would be.
The Reference 12s are rated at 60-300 watts RMS and 1000 peak

·
Banned
9,412 Posts

yeah uhh, if you throw 800w RMS to a reference sub it'll melt.

also the kappa DVQ's arent confined to a single box. they can work in a variety of boxes since they have a adjustable suspention.

rockford amps are pretty good, but not worth the price IMO. the best bang for the buck out there is alpine. then again, a good speaker will make a bad amp sound good relatively. and vice versa. L7's are loud, but are not sharp at all, they can't hold a CLEAN note, they can hold a loud ass note, so they're really popular with people who like destroying their ears with bass. they're really only good for that one thing though. and they're terribly overpriced. for the same price range, you can get a LOUDER CLEANER sub in a boston acoustic G5-12. if you're looking for top notch amps, look into USamps, or audison (i think they're owned by Focal). JL makes a decent amp, but for the price i'd go a little higher end. i've never heard an audison amp whine or clip...whereas i've heard countless rockford, MTX, infinity, alpine, clip bad when ridden hard.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
my Buddie had 2 perfect 12's and a 1400w US amp and they pounded!
just be careful because he blew 2 of them with the power from that amp
they have a high db rating so u don't need a ton of power, i would run about 3-400watts of CLEAN power each and put them in a .8 cubic foot box, do not put ports on these speakers!
what are you putting them in?

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
Yeah, L7's, best sub ever IMO!!!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
they should slap in there
put the boxes against the back seat with the subs facing the rear of the truck

1 - 20 of 20 Posts