Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 110 48x18x36 with no brace its an older model ive went to a few lfs no one has them they say they dont make them anymore so now what? do i get it made from a glass shop or what please help dont wantmy babies to jump put that would suck!!!

110 gallon 2rbp 2", 1 rhom 1"
55 gallon 7"rhom

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I built a wood canopy for an older 75 I had that had no brace. I also built a matching stand. Very easy, looked better than most store bought I have seen. It was very easy to do and really the only option I could come up with.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
You can also go to Home Depot and ask them to cut you off a thin piece of plexi to temporarily cover your top until you can get a canopy or hood.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
thoroughbred said:
i have a 110 48x18x36 with no brace its an older model ive went to a few lfs no one has them they say they dont make them anymore so now what? do i get it made from a glass shop or what please help dont wantmy babies to jump put that would suck!!!

55 gallon 7"rhom
If you have no supports you can get add in ones. They sit on the lip in the front and back of the tank and have to be cut too size. I would use two seperate hoods. You can oder glass hoods online or buy acrylic and make them.

they sell hoods here
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/shop...op.cfm?siteid=6

MAD

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Yeah show us you can build something.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SnowCichlid said:
Yeah go for it be creative and show us what you can design.. :smile:
ok u guys have me mistaken for someone that actually knows how to build a canopy now dont get me wrong i think i can but can u guys give me some pics or sites to go off i would hate to do it wrong and have my strip lights fall in or somthing
i called a few glass places they said they could do it to size and leave space for my filters but i was thinking what about hinges as u said and i would like to be able to open the thing lol well give me some pics if u can fellas or a start somehow they home depot thing sounded good to thx so much

55 gallon 7" rhom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts