Piranhas Forum banner

can't believe my luck

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  GARGOYLE 
#1 ·
Well, I measured the red belly I had before, he was 3" not 5", anyways, I put him in an 80 gallon tank yesterday afternoon, and today while I was in the pet store looking around, I asked if they could order piranhas in, he actually had gotten some in earlier today. I paid $12 each for 2 6" red bellys, and got a 9-10" red belly for free because he got in a fight about a year ago and screwed up his bottom lip a little bit. So, for about $30 after taxes I have 4 red bellys in an 80 gallon.

they were extremely hungry to, I put 20 pond goldfish in the tank with them about an hour ago, theres 3 left. the small one even eats out of the big one's mouth. Gonna have to post a video of a feeding frenzy sometime, it's actually scary how insane they go when chasing food.

#12 ·
The little one should be fine if he's shoaling well with the rest. When juveniles I believe nattereri are more cannibalistic and he might try nipping too much at the larger ones which might end up in a quarrel he wouldn't want. Hopefully he knows his role as the smaller of them and that he's just gonna have ta follow for now.

#13 ·
rosecityrhom said:
The little one should be fine if he's shoaling well with the rest. When juveniles I believe nattereri are more cannibalistic and he might try nipping too much at the larger ones which might end up in a quarrel he wouldn't want. Hopefully he knows his role as the smaller of them and that he's just gonna have ta follow for now.
all i said was to keep on eye on him. he's 3" in with a 10", there is a very good chance he'll get eaten.
wes

#15 ·
like wes said, keep an eye out for the lil guy. Even tho he is kickin it with the big one, and the big one is defending him, weirder things have happened. And since the new three have been in the same tank for a year, they have some kinda of bond and could easily team up on the lil guy. The bigger doesn't mean the meaner. Just look at his jaw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.