·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which to buy for a 75 gallon

·
Registered
19,242 Posts
Alot of factors will determine this for you sir-What other filtration are you running-What is it stocked with and how many-N eplans on upgrading in the future-Do you want mechanical or bio filtration-Just let us know so we can help you out!!!!!

·
Banned
4,315 Posts
2 Magnum 350 Pros....and 1L of Eheim Efisubstrat Pro for the media containers.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
I am with therizman1 on this one. I would go with one large canister (XP3) packed with bio-media, then run at least one additional HOB filter. Personally, I have one canister and two HOB's on my tank.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I am with therizman1 on this one. I would go with one large canister (XP3) packed with bio-media, then run at least one additional HOB filter. Personally, I have one canister and two HOB's on my tank.
not trying to sound stupid but why the hob setup also? i am running an xp3,and a xp2. if i had to i could not fit a hob filter due to the location of my tank. is it just for movement? if so should i throw a power head in my tank? sorry for the hijack

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Sorry, I must have miss something. If you are running a XP3 and a XP2 IMO you have plently of filtration on your 75g, and there would not be a need to add any additional HOB filter(s) to the setup.

You can add a PH to your tank if you want, no need though. I have one in mine, and my reds love the current.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Sorry, I must have miss something. If you are running a XP3 and a XP2 IMO you have plently of filtration on your 75g, and there would not be a need to add any additional HOB filter(s) to the setup.

You can add a PH to your tank if you want, no need though. I have one in mine, and my reds love the current.
sorry i was not the original poster. just asked a question on top of his is all

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.