Piranhas Forum banner

Please rate and review the Fluval External Canister Filter Series.

• 5 - Exceptional

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - Above Average

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 3 - Average

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • 2 - Below Average

• 1 - Poor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
i have a 404 running on my 110 with an AC500 and the 404 holds up well. good flow rate, easy to clean and maintain, quiet. i gave it a 4 because for the money it's better to go with a rena xp3.but if you can find a good cheap one like i did you will be happy.

·
Team WTF
3,265 Posts
I had a fluval 304 and was so impressed I bought the 305. Both work great, but liked the 304 a little better.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
love it. kinda pricey if you don't get them on sale. a small chain around me has the 405 for $130 on sale every month or 2.

·
Banned
4,448 Posts
Good canister filter, but I wouldn't use it as a primary filter. The features do make it a little easier to maintain than say an Eheim classic, but it's a trade off since you have to clean it so much more often.

·
Registered
19,947 Posts
I got a 305 and it rips ass. No more syphon ball as it has a priming pull toggle and is easy to use. Huge ass containers as well as side containers for water polish strips and such. This is a great unit that is easy to set up and maintain and so far hassle free that I think Fluval has got me as a consumer for life or until they piss me off.

·
YOU SUCK AT LIFE
3,363 Posts
I have a 304 running my 90 gal with a 11 inch diamond and plants thing keeps my tank crystal clear and it quite as hell you pay more but its one hell of a filter I give it a 5 very pleased

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have 2 404's about 3 years old now - work great , but have had to replace more parts than any of my other filters - still I like them alot

·
Guinness eyes
7,136 Posts
I have a 304 and just bought a 405 for my 55 gal...Im happy so far.

·
Guinness eyes
7,136 Posts
Damn it...the 405's base is leaking...I found out an hour after setting it up...unfortunatley I can't get an answer until tomorrow being the customer service is closed weekends.

Its leaking near the rubber foot but I can't see any crack or holes.

Can't wait until its up and running...for now I only have an AC 500 running on the 55.

·
Dodge City
10,206 Posts
I've had 304's and 404's, they are pretty good, no complaints. It's always a good idea to keep spare sealing ring around and i love the fluval skimmer for keeping water surface crystal clear.
The the good rim adapters when you order the filter to replace them crappy bent hose holders.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts