• 2-Below Average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Everything you'd expect from Eheim: Quiet, reliable, powerful, expensive, green.........I love this filter!.....well all but the expensive part

·
Registered
221 Posts
Everything you'd expect from Eheim: Quiet, reliable, powerful, expensive, green.........I love this filter!.....well all but the expensive part
my first eheim filter and i am very pleased so far. the flow is awesome more than i expected very quiet i am running with a fluval fx5 wich is also doing a great job so far but the eheim has more flow it seems the fx has slowed a bit in just 1 week i belive on my 125 the pro 3 would have been enough.

·
Registered
416 Posts
my first eheim filter and i am very pleased so far. the flow is awesome more than i expected very quiet i am running with a fluval fx5 wich is also doing a great job so far but the eheim has more flow it seems the fx has slowed a bit in just 1 week i belive on my 125 the pro 3 would have been enough.
[/quote]

I have the Pro 3e, and the flow is more than I expected as well.....much more than my Eheim Pro II. I also think the "build" seems more solid than the Pro II -I'm much happier with it.

I like the programmability of the 3e. Currently (no pun intended), I have it set to the 12 hour current cycle, with strong flow during the day, and a baseline flow at night while the fish are snoozing. The stream feature is also nice, cycling between the highest and lowest flow setting every minute or so. However, I wish I could combine the stream feature with the 12 hr cycle feature, and have a stream cycle going during the daylight 12 hrs, and a baseline steady current going during the nighttime 12 hrs.

Fantastic filter all-in-all. My only concern is with seeing how reliable the microprocessor circuitry will prove to be. Can't complain though - I only paid $75 for it on Ebay.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I hate anything Ehiem personally-I never have good lucj with them-They always manage to break where the hoses go on.....
Just curious - What have you had happen - has the whole nozzle broken off?....was it while trying to attach the hoses during the initial setup, or did the nozzle(s) just crack during regular use?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Code:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4i-ZGuEq500&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4i-ZGuEq500&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just bough a New EHEIM 2180, what a monster!!! easy to set up & get running I really like the dual intake, I see it sucking in stuff @ both ends of the tank. I really like the 500 watt heater I have this on a 125 keeps the water right @ temp.
If your going to buy a 2180 or 2080 get the media kit for it, comes with extra filter pas & you'll have some media left over to...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts