Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can somone please tell me f its ok to mix 4-5"ers with 2"ers, i really need to know! i dont have 2 different tanks for them. i just bought some jaguars and they are getting attacked by my little piranhas, i thought they were supposed to be agressive? anywyas so i was forced to move them, will they be ok with the big piranhas?

·
Registered
27,337 Posts
You are going to run the risk of losting them. Take all decorations out of the tank and rearrange them. Reintroduce the fish back in and say a prayer.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
Just like I said in your previous posting regarding what your LFS worker who strongly suggested that Jaguars are more aggressive than Ps. It seemed like he had more interest in the Jaguars just to sell em to you. Honestly, before you think about getting or trying to find tankmates for your P's, do more homework. Dont just take any interest in what any LFS employee says (cause honetly, they're in for a sale on overstocked fish), and most of all.. take advice from your friendly neighborhood PFury'ers. We've been there, done that, and went through alot of experimenting with different tankmates to know what can and cannot be.

Good Luck man!!!

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,146 Posts
RhomZilla said:
Just like I said in your previous posting regarding what your LFS worker who strongly suggested that Jaguars are more aggressive than Ps. It seemed like he had more interest in the Jaguars just to sell em to you. Honestly, before you think about getting or trying to find tankmates for your P's, do more homework. Dont just take any interest in what any LFS employee says (cause honetly, they're in for a sale on overstocked fish), and most of all.. take advice from your friendly neighborhood PFury'ers. We've been there, done that, and went through alot of experimenting with different tankmates to know what can and cannot be.

Good Luck man!!!
sweet deal rhom..i like this post..

·
Captain Britannia
4,819 Posts
rhomzilla is correct but back to the issue as xenon ,emjay and mpower advised it can be done but you will risk loosing them so add plenty of hiding spaces after re arranging the tank make some small enough for the 2'' ones to get in but not the 5'' p's ,also expect not to see the smaller ones alot of the time as they may hide alot until secure .
i have added 2 x 3'' reds with another 2 x reds 7-8'' and it worked but thier is no guarantee
dixon

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
thePACK said:
RhomZilla said:

Good Luck man!!!
sweet deal rhom..i like this post..
Thanks, Pack.. *taking a bow*

Like always.. telling it like it is, by being real.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Back to your initial question:

It worked out for me, but I only had one 4" red in an 80 gallon (he killed all his fellow reds before...), and added 5 1-inchers. This happened in june last year, and they're all still alive.
So, it can be done, but for sure there's no guarantee

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Just like I said in your previous posting regarding what your LFS worker who strongly suggested that Jaguars are more aggressive than Ps. It seemed like he had more interest in the Jaguars just to sell em to you.
Strongly concur. Have had similar encounters here in some of the local pet stores that didn't know who I was and was told so many incorrect information on fishes and behavior.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts