Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
OK.. Ive recently my little bro downloaded some Spyware application and now this icon is attatched to each and every folder on my comp. What is it and can anyone tell me how the hell to get rid of it??? As soon as I throw it in the recycle bin, I empty it out, then it reappears.

·
tap or snap
11,911 Posts
what do you mean it's "attached"? i looked at the image and all it showed was "Drawing Failed."

do you mean the icon is shown as a thumbnail in the folder image? is there a file in the folders?

·
tap or snap
11,911 Posts
oh ahah, just saw the image. that's nothing to worry about. it's just a small file that stores small clips of pictures and videos to show you in the folder.

·
18,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heres a better view..

·
18,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hyphen said:
oh ahah, just saw the image. that's nothing to worry about. it's just a small file that stores small clips of pictures and videos to show you in the folder.
[snapback]943646[/snapback]​
But why is it on EVERY folder???? Even folders that doesnt pertain to pics or videos. And why is it that I cant get rid of it even though after I put it in the recycling bin, and then re-appears after.

·
tap or snap
11,911 Posts
it's a windows file. it's a small database file, everytime an image or video is put into that folder windows takes a screenshot of it, sizes it down, and sticks it in the database file [thumbs].

·
Registered
278 Posts
Let me see if I can explain it. If you notice, when you right click in any folder, you will get the option to view everything in it as a "Filmstrip". What that thumbs file is, is basically a small preview of the image, or a still from the "Filmstrip". I assure you it isn't spyware. To get rid of it, go to any folder and click "Tools"->"Folder Options". After the menu comes up, click the second tab and check of the option that says "Do not show hidden files or folders". Your problem is solved.

·
18,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
masterofdragons said:
Let me see if I can explain it. If you notice, when you right click in any folder, you will get the option to view everything in it as a "Filmstrip". What that thumbs file is, is basically a small preview of the image, or a still from the "Filmstrip". I assure you it isn't spyware. To get rid of it, go to any folder and click "Tools"->"Folder Options". After the menu comes up, click the second tab and check of the option that says "Do not show hidden files or folders". Your problem is solved.
[snapback]943680[/snapback]​
Gone!!!

Thanks man!!! I knew you'd be the one to ask.. you always help me with the comp situations. I just didnt have access to AIM. Thanks again man!!

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
i see but i dont know... I would delete it completely if you didnt know what it was, and nice thumbnails on the folder fronts :nods:

·
tap or snap
11,911 Posts
technically it's still there, you just can't see it

·
Registered
278 Posts
Its there because it has to be there. Don't make the mistake of finding a way to keep it deleted. Trust me, your computer will never reboot again.

BTW- micro$oft windoze is teh suck

·
tap or snap
11,911 Posts
masterofdragons said:
Its there because it has to be there. Don't make the mistake of finding a way to keep it deleted. Trust me, your computer will never reboot again.

BTW- micro$oft windoze is teh suck

[snapback]943716[/snapback]​
i is teh us3 da l33t ubun7u l1nux.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Windows is bettah then Mac or apple whatever its called.
I like the look of xp just not the technical sh*t bout it...
an Rhomzilla I do agree with MOD dont delete it, its there for a reason unless you think that its a mistake or sumtin delete it.... whatever your gut feeling is.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Serygo said:
Windows is bettah then Mac or apple whatever its called.
I like the look of xp just not the technical sh*t bout it...
an Rhomzilla I do agree with MOD dont delete it, its there for a reason unless you think that its a mistake or sumtin delete it.... whatever your gut feeling is.
[snapback]943722[/snapback]​
Firstly, the prob is already solved. Secondly, I wasn't refering to mac (although I must admit compared to any PC the user interface owns. What other OS can be operated by a complete idiot and not crash?). Oh, and hyphen- 3\/3RY0|\|3 |<|\|0\/\/5 |\/|Y 5|<|115 4R3 |\/|0R3 P0\/\/3RF|_|1 7|-|4|\| Y0|_|R5!

·
tap or snap
11,911 Posts
y3w aR3 n0 m47cH 4 |\/|3. eYe w1LL h4x0r j0r pU73R. n0 1 iZ s4f3 aR0uNd z3r0 k3wL. f34r mY L1nUx

·
tap or snap
11,911 Posts
eYe y00z d4 w4r7y w4r7 h0g reLe4se 0F uBuN7u

1 - 20 of 29 Posts