Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a compressus from rodger's aquatics a 20 days ago, and he is by far the most skittish p i have had. he barely moves from behind his plant, and he just finally ate yesterday. i have his tank directly across from rhoms tank, about 10ft away. do you think that he can see my rhom and this is adding to his skittishness? or am i just crazy and need to let him be and adjust to his tank? I don't think he can see the rhom becuase my reds were in the same tank and never seemed bothered by the rhom. any one have thier tanks set up like this? or something like this happen? i just don't want to stress out the little guy.

thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
[quote name='welsher7' date='Nov 28 2006, 08:53 PM' post='1727137']
i got a compressus from rodger's aquatics a 20 days ago, and he is by far the most skittish p i have had. he barely moves from behind his plant, and he just finally ate yesterday. i have his tank directly across from rhoms tank, about 10ft away. do you think that he can see my rhom and this is adding to his skittishness? or am i just crazy and need to let him be and adjust to his tank? I don't think he can see the rhom becuase my reds were in the same tank and never seemed bothered by the rhom. any one have thier tanks set up like this? or something like this happen? i just don't want to stress out the little guy.

Dan,

The tanks are so far away that it is not possible for a fish to see from inside of one tank into another one, especially as the water/glass surface distorts the vision even more.
Do let your fish adapt. You may of course increase the traffic around his tank.

Harry

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
The tanks are 10' away form one another.............he just needs some time to adjust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts