Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
if you do try this, their are a few things that you can do to reduce aggression.
*feed the piranhas before doing anything
*remove the piranhas from the tank, re-arange the rocks and plants and add all the piranhas together
*add some other "dispendable" fish like tetras, silver dollers, goldfish, guppys or anything really
*provide lots of hiding spaces, and cover with big bushy plants

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Depending on the size of your tank to see if theres enough room for all to be compatible and not to disrupt the previous residents territorial grounds. Take Innes advice, something I would recommend also.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well so far all is good, The big p that is the new one, Well he is the boss now. The2 4ichers follow him around. One thing they all turned from silver to black...... Im guessing stress....

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
You could also add some more light to tame em down a bit. Light tends to make them a little more skittish which might assist in its survival rate.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Sir Nathan XXI said:
It really can depend on your individual fish and your tank setup, the closer that new fish is to their size the better though
yes very true.
I think under the right conditions it should work. Try adding some dithers as well when adding new tank members

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.