Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I've not posted in a while, been workin too much and haven't had a moment to spare, but today I went and got some goodies for my kids.

hoping you can tell me if my tanks are set up sufficiently or what I might need to add to them (I'm kind of an overstocker, like some active tanks)

my main queries are my 90 , 55 and 30.

my 90g, tall tank, 48x18" base, e400, regent aquatech 30-60, 230gph powerhead with pond-size foam prefilter and a 225w heater. occupants are 3 pl*cos @12-14", 1 colombian (blackfin) shark @ 8", and 5 oscars all @ 7" and the tank is incredibly peaceful and clean and has been for almost 2 yrs...

my 55g, standard 48x12" base, mag HOT 250, bio-pro 60 and an e280 with an e400 impeller(really kicks the aquaclear 500s butt with this impeller I think), and a 170GPH powerhead with a small foam prefilter. occupants are 3 7-9" RBPs

my 30g has a couple of air pumps, 5 air strips, an e400 and a whisper 30-60 and houses my only rhom (~5") and nothing else.

if these are ok, cool, if anyone thinks I *NEED* more to be all set for another year let me know and I"ll see about it.

Just want to get some other opinions

·
Registered
487 Posts
With that many plecos and oscars in the 90, I would have more filtration on that. But, eventually you should only have 2 oscars and the shark, or 3 of the oscars at the most (that would still be overstocked). And make sure your are doing weekly water changes.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool, thanks for the help, the 90's inhabitants are going to all move to a 180 when the filtration can't keep up and they get territorial, then my rhom is gonna get the 90..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts