Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
well last nihgt i checked my water and nitrite was still at 3.3-33mg.woke up this morning and checked it and its 0.3mg.so i guess its done .still gonna wait a couple of days before i do a water change.i ordered bio spira,havnt gotten it yet,should i still put some in my tank?for the past 4 days ive been using bio zyme,so it took 4 days to cycle my tank.wait for water change or not?dont want to mess it up.

im happier than a ****** in a dildo factory, :lmao:

crashbfc

G

·
You are cycled when your test kit is unable to measure any nitrite and ammonia. It is wise to wait until you have around 10 nitrate reading also. 4 days sounds a little too fast for something like bio zyme. If your readings are not ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5-10 or so I would add the bio spira. As long as you still have something producing ammonia.

· Nurses Do It Better
8,819 Posts
Unless you're using an established filter from another tank there is no way you're done in 4 days. It takes up to a week just to get an ammonia reading unless you are doing the fishless cycle method and then at least another week for your nitrite to spike and settle at zero. What's your ammonia and nitrate results ? Imo use the bio-spira, you need it.

· 2012 Is the year the World ENDS!!!&#33
3,545 Posts
Learn from me, I killed 4 of my P's because I only waited four days for the cycle. add Bio-Spira and you are good to go. Does it overnight

· Registered
264 Posts
With all the aquariums I own I've used the p's to cycle the tank themselves. Sometimes overnight it would cycle. Sounds stupid, but the test kit doesn't lie. Maby it is when I pour the water from the lfs in it cycles quicker.

· Registered
104 Posts
my first go at ps i only waited 2 days before i put them in... All are live and health today... i tested my water at the pet store, and she said it looks good. If i was to go get a glass of tap water, i could test it and it would test perfect... i consider myself lucky... i recently just setup a 66 gal, but i let it cycle for a couple weeks before i threw my ps in it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.